On the Bright Side (May 1 Edition)
The pregame interview is taking a hiatus tonight following last night’s 4-0 rain-shortened, no-hit loss to the Peoria Chiefs. I hope to be back with something that’s enlightening, stimulating and positive prior to our 1:00 PM game at O’Brien Field tomorrow.
Instead, I’d like to introduce the first volume of “On the Bright Side”, the newest entrant to the LumberBlog’s jam-packed lineup. “On the Bright Side” is my way of presenting something positive instead of dwelling on a tough loss. I hope this is the only volume, but we’ve still got 117 games to go.
Here we go…
While the LumberKings lost, 4-0 and were no-hit by the combination of Peoria’s Nick Struck, his middle reliever Rain Storm and his closer W.F. Conditions…
- At least we weren’t the Kane County Cougars last night. They were no-hit over the traditional nine innings by three Cedar Rapids pitchers at Perfect Game Field.
- At least we aren’t Tiger Woods. He missed the cut for just the sixth time in his career yesterday at the Quail Hollow Championship.
- At least we’re staying at a cool hotel in Peoria. I was running short on time this afternoon and I was able to buy two burritos from the front desk store area. That’s right, my lunch consisted of hotel burritos. Maybe that’s not a bright side.
- At least the O’Brien Field infield is now drier than Churchill Downs.
- At least you still get LumberKings Game Notes:
- At least we’ve got Anthony Vasquez (0-2, 1.25) on the mound tonight.
- At least today’s another day in professional baseball, where even your bad days consist of watching the greatest game in the world.
Feeling better? Me too. This was very constructive. Let’s not do it again tomorrow.
Game time is at 6:30 PM. Tune in to the pregame show at 6:15 on 1390kcln.com.