A Doubleheader to Remember
In case you missed it today, the LumberKings took both ends of a doubleheader against the Peoria Chiefs at O’Brien Field. The twinbill sweep is the first for Clinton since they did it on April 12, 2008 against West Michigan. That itself is great news, but here’s the better news…they did it with six home runs and outscored Peoria 24-5 in the two games.
Mario Martinez went 3-for-3 with a three-run homer and six RBI in the 13-3 victory in game one, becoming the first LumberKing to drive in a half-dozen since Ian Gac did it on May 4, 2008 at Kane County. Henry Contreras, making his first start of the year (1-for-3 as a pinch hitter/reserve) went 3-for-3 with three runs scored, a solo home run and two RBI as well. And that was only the beginning.
Rather than hold back all the highlights until tomorrow, here’s the audio from today’s games.
- Bantz RBI single 5.11.10.mp3
Martinez 2-R single 5.11.10.mp3
- Catricala Solo HR (2) 5.11.10.mp3
- Jones RBI double 5.11.10.mp3
Hansen 2-R single 5.11.10.mp3
- Martinez 3-R HR (6 RBI) 5.11.10.mp3
- Contreras RBI double 5.11.10.mp3
- Vasquez Strikes Out Side 5.11.10.mp3
Jones 2-R HR (2) 5.11.10.mp3
- Cerione HR onto the street (2) 5.11.10.mp3
- Contreras solo HR (1) 5.11.10.mp3
As you can see, it was a fun day of baseball. Hopefully it continues tomorrow as we close out the series in Peoria.