On the Bright Side (June 6 Edition)
It’s certainly been a while since I’ve had to roll out the OTBS segment here on the LumberBlog, but I think the events of the last two nights qualify. In case you’ve missed it, the LumberKings lost 7-6 on a walk-off single in Dayton on Friday night, then saw leads of 2-0 and 5-3 erased in a 7-5 loss to the Dragons again last night.
While the LumberKings have slipped to 4-4 on this road trip and now 3.0 games behind second-place Quad Cities for the West Division Wild Card spot…
- At least there’s still 13 games remaining (including nine at home) to get it together. It doesn’t sound like a lot of time, but a win today and a River Bandits loss would put the Kings just 2.0 games out.
- At least James Jones has stayed red-hot. Jones drove in three runs last night, including two on a bases-loaded single (highlight:
Jones 2-R single 6.5.10 at Dayton.mp3). So far on this trip, Jones is hitting .300 (6-for-20) with three HR and nine RBI.
- At least we have right-hander Erasmo Ramirez on the mound today. Ramirez is 3-0 with a 1.33 ERA over his last four starts and is now fifth in the league in ERA (1.90).
- At least you can still read LumberKings’ Game Notes:
- At least we have our first off-day since May 17 coming up tomorrow. We’re going to need it after the nine-hour ride home from Dayton.
That’s all for now. As mentioned, Ramirez gets the start today as this 10-game, three-city road trip finally draws to a close. The broadcast gets underway at 12:45 PM central time on 1390kcln.com.