Results tagged ‘ Tom Stuifbergen ’
In case you missed it, the LumberKings fell 2-0 to the Beloit Snappers at Alliant Energy Field last night, failing to put anything together against the combination of Tom Stuifbergen and three Snapper relievers. While the Kings haven’t scored against Beloit pitching over the last three meetings (30.0 innings)…
- At least Jimmy Gillheeney bounced back from his rocky outing at Cedar Rapids. Gillheeney gave up a run on four hits over 6.0 innings, lowering his ERA from 3.20 to 2.78. Still, he’s 1-3 on the season and has been given just 10 runs of support over six starts. Listen to Gilly strike out Aaron Hicks:
Gillheeney strikes out Hicks 5.4.10.mp3
- At least the bullpen is still outstanding. Right-hander John Housey worked 3.0 scoreless innings last night and has allowed just two earned runs over his last five outings (9.2 IP). The pen as a whole has an ERA of 2.41.
- At least there’s no rain expected for the second start for Erasmo Ramirez (0-1, 3.07) tonight. Ramirez had his last one shortened to 4.0 innings by rain in Peoria. At least that was considered a complete game by the MLBAM folks (I disagree).
- At least the new Deftones album is pretty good. “Diamond Eyes” came out yesterday. This has nothing to do with baseball, I know. Check it out on iTunes.
- At least you still get LumberKings Game Notes:
No more of this tomorrow! Game time against Beloit is 6:30 tonight. Listen online at 1390kcln.com.